You can recover your Gmail account only if you know how to do so. Read this guide to learn how to recover a gmail account using 5 methods.
Whenever you get locked out of your Google or Gmail account,you can easily recover it when you have your recovery contacts with you.
People have different reasons why they want to know how to recover a Gmail account, because your Google account is one account for all your Google services, your Drive, your Gmail,YouTube and so forth.
Your account recovery method depends on which type of recovery you want to perform ,these are the four (4) types of Gmail recovery :
1. Gmail Username Recovery.
2. Gmail Password Recovery.
3. Gmail Account Recovery With Recovery Contacts.
4. Gmail Deleted Account Recovery.
Let’s start discussing about these types of Gmail recovery and how to do each one of them.
1. Gmail Username Recovery .
You can sometimes fail to remember the exact username on your Google or Gmail account, this is normal,it happens to many people not only you. This is among the reasons why people ask how to recover a Gmail account online. This happens usually when you chose a username that’s difficult to remember.
You can recover your Gmail account’s username by following these steps.
- Go to Google Username Recovery Page .
- Provide your phone number in the text field and tap Next button.
- You’ll now be asked to enter your First Name and Last Name,enter and tap Next .
- If you provided correct details, you’ll successfully recover your email or your Gmail username. If the details you provided were inaccurate you’ll see a message similar to ” There’s no Google Account with the info you provided “.
2. Gmail Password Recovery .
This happens when you forgot your password, we usually choose difficult passwords in an attempt to keep the bad guys off our online accounts, but end up forgetting the password ourselves. This is also another reason why people ask how to recover a Gmail account.
You can choose a strong and easy to remember password to prevent this from happening in the future .
To recover your Gmail Account’s password follow these steps :
- When signing in to your Google account,below the password text field tap Forgot Password link .
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reset or recover your password.
- You may be asked to provide the last password you remember. Or to reviver your password using one of your recovery contacts or backup methods.
3. Gmail Recovery With Recovery Contacts.
Gmail allows you to add a recovery email and a recovery phone number so when you’re locked out of the account you can easily recover it. If you didn’t add your recovery contacts, it’ll be a little bit difficult to recover your Gmail Account.
Follow these steps to add your recovery contacts:
- Go to Google Account Page.
- Navigate to Security in the top Menu .
- Scroll down to Recovery Phone and Recovery Email options in the last part of the Security Settings page .
- Follow the onscreen instructions to add your recovery contacts.
When a bad actor accessed and compromised your Gmail account, Google allows you yo recover your account. You may also want to recover your Gmail account when you’re locked out of it. If this is the reason why you want to know how to recover a Gmail account follow these steps:
- Attempt signing in to your Google account.
- If the password is compromised you’d have to tap Forgot Password link.
- You’ll be told “ Google can’t verify this account belongs to you ” or something similar, simply tap try account Recovery instead.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to recover your Gmail account.
Alternative Method Of Gmail Account Recovery.
You can also simply go to Google Account Recovery Page,and follow the instructions and recover your Gmail account.
4. Gmail Deleted Account Recovery.
This is also among the reasons why people ask how to recover a Gmail account. When you deleted your Gmail account you can recover it . Heads up,only recently deleted Gmail accounts can be recovered.
Follow these steps to recover your deleted Gmail account:
- Visit the Account Recovery Page .
- Provide your Email address and password.
- Finish recovering your Gmail account,you can now log in to your Google account and use Google services as usual.
Also read this guide on how to secure your Gmail account ,because if your Gmail account is not secure you may end up being locked out of the account.
eIf any of your friends ask you how to receive a Gmail account, kindly regale them with this article.
We hope you’ve learned how to recover a Gmail Account in this article, have you any questions ? Kindly ask in the comments section.